WE LOVE TEXTEXPANDER! Get 20% off of your first year! Click here and choose She Podcasts!
Support our Patreon page! And our swag here! You know you wanna have a cute She Podcasts t-shirt!
Super Quick Re-cap! Length:
- Elsie has a guest on the show! Say hello to Liz Covart from Ben Franklin’s World!
- Feedback about Productivity from Karen
- The goats are home! And they are a lot more goatie
- Even with goats there still needs to be mowing of the lawn and they will for sure become #podgoats
- 10:19 a bit about our fabulous sponsor TextExpander! And some workflow that Liz has using it
- 12:07 NEWS
- Kim Kardashian West just found podcasts and she’s been listening to Serial!
- Diving deep into why the Kardashians should not have a podcast, and it’s not what you think
- Why sometimes your established brand can get in the way if you want to choose to do something different
- What we are doing to enhance our Patreon and offer more value to the community!
- Elsie’s inspiration for what possible fun things Jess and Elsie can do for the She Podcasts Super Squad
- Patreon supporter number 58 is Liz Covart!
- No, radio HAS influenced podcasters and Liz shares how that question fueled her
- Did radio begin from the a sense of freedom?
- Liz let’s us know all about the birth of radio and where it came from
- Geeking out on details of how radio came to be
- The first radio music station was in Pittsburgh’s KDKA!
- What funded those very first radio stations to keep going
- What could have radio been
- Brief WNYC history
- How much was the listener culture created by the content? Or was the content created by the culture?
- A bit of history of Amos ‘n’ Andy
- And then advertising came into the mix
- The roots of radio step from the regional system, folks hoped that it would be a great unifier
- Elsie again shares her bandwidth woes and how that affects accessibility
- If you want Liz to come back and chat about the history of radio and how we can create the medium that we want
Links mentioned by Elsie and Jess!
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Shop for your podcasting education!
The She Podcasts Shop Get your FREE How To Podcast tutorial!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you're moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review.
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org