Danny Ozment’s awesome Emerald City Productions! Check out Danny’s service, go to EmeraldCityPro.com/checklist for a free sound assessment!
Come hang with us at Podcast Movement! Sign up with the code shep. We cannot wait to see you there!
Support our Patreon page! And our swag here! You know you wanna have a cute She Podcasts t-shirt!
Speakpipe message! Or you can email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you
Super Quick Re-cap!
- FYI Jess is doing the show notes this week so there may be a few less exclamation points.
- Jessica helps open the show and yet…she’s absent from this episode. John is fooling everyone! Truth is, she (I) had a concussion last week and wasn’t allowed to do any thinking.
- Special guest - Emily Prokop! YAYYYY OMG what a pleasant voice she has
- A little background on EPP
- Concussion Discussion (awesome) as well as some talk about how to turn your brain off. (Spoiler alert: nothing works. It’s torture.)
- Danny’s Tip: 10:52 The Double Ender
- Skype’s content creation additions, Em shares her thoughts
- Elsie does a techy explanation of eCamm and shares how the changes will affect it
- Over editing and the dangers of not sounding human
- News: 26:02
- Twitter Rules update: duplicate content and robots and how to get around the new shiz
- We run three separate accounts, the She P one and our personal ones so we use Zapier to retweet from the She P account based on specific hashtags. That’s Jess’s trick.
- Emily gives her thoughts about The Podcast Consumer Data, and the data going up and up
- Taking notice of the older listener number and how it can and should grow
- Communities addressing an emotional need - not just serious content but comedy and entertainment too. So how do we get older listeners involved?
- Alexa skills and how they will help listenership - and how to address privacy issues
- Our lives are very hackable - that said, we aren’t important enough to bother with
- Marketing Tip: We’re on camera 16 times a day. Make sure you wear your merch! LOL
- Google App - Google does not favor self-hosted podcasts, people.
- Elsie goes over the Google app and discoverability
- Podcast Movement! 58:09
- Tool Tips! 1:00:52
- Elsie discusses Twitterific! And we all need to run out and get it to start engaging better on Twitter. (And maybe get away from Facebook)
- Em gives final send offs!
Links mentioned by Elsie and Emily!
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Shop for your podcasting education!
The She Podcasts Shop Get your FREE How To Podcast tutorial!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you're moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review.
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org