WORK WITH US LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA! Sign up before the early bird pricing disappears!
Danny Ozment’s awesome Emerald City Productions! Check out Danny’s service, go to EmeraldCityPro.com/checklist for a free sound assessment!
Come hang with us at Podcast Movement! Sign up with the code shep. We cannot wait to see you there!
Support our Patreon page! And our swag here! You know you wanna have a cute She Podcasts t-shirt!
Speakpipe message! Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you
Super Quick Re-cap!
- Elsie is back home! What’s worse, crappy mic or crappy internet
- The iPhone 8 microphone is pretty awesome!
- If you have awesome microphone technique and the best possible recording space given your circumstances, Auphonic will save the day!
- We have become a giant science experience from the worst possible situations!
- Do you agree? When you press stop after recording the ‘suck’ begins
- It feels great when you finally finished editing your show!
- 11:55 Danny Ozment from Emerald City Productions tells us that poor quality audio will push people away!
- 13:47 NEWS
- Jess just got an email about the IAB launching Ads.txt - breaking news
- Why we often don’t cover the actual news because well, we have an organic flow people!
- Spotify Sound Up Bootcamp, peeps! This movement is aaaammaaaazing!
- 18 thousand women of color applied to The Sound Up Bootcamp!
- Dude, not everyone is in ONE place, duh
- The incredible organic way in which two hashtags took on a life on their own #SoundUpBootcamp #WomenOfColorPodcastToo
- Of course we need representation but the next problem is where are my people, aka our listeners
- This goes beyond the podcasting space, beyond metrics, beyond advertising and requires initiatives to address consumption and listener issues
- So if the majority of podcast listeners are earning 75k and above and have a 4 year university degree, what are we going to do to reach the rest?
- How do we keep the capital still coming in, reaching audiences and get creative in using that money?
- Google is asking us to do some interesting things to make sure that your website is optimized to showcase your podcast!
- You guys Pocketcasts was bought, woah
- Barbara Corcoran has a new show called Business Unusual! Shark Tank diving into the scene!
- OMGosh! Jess will be in NY doing a podcast meet-up!
- 51:35 WEIRD AND WILD SHOW OF THE WEEK
- Red Table Talks! And Elsie loves it!
- In case you’re looking for an editor, John has a couple of spaces!
Links mentioned by Elsie and Jess!
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Shop for your podcasting education!
The She Podcasts Shop Get your FREE How To Podcast tutorial!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you're moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review.
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to email@example.com