We would LOVE to hear your feedback! please email email@example.com OR you can go on to our lovely She Podcasts Facebook group and get the conversation going :)
Show 028 Quick-Guide
- Helen Saltzman is in the house!
- We dive right into the discussion about women in broadcasting fueled by her cool podcast Sound Women.
- Helen’s workflow for Sound Women.
- Serial breaks records! Woah.
- What does it really take monetarily to run a highly produced top notch podcast.
- What’s the team behind producing a podcast.
- What are the ethics of Serial? And the ethics of listeners? What’s the line between entertainment vs information?
- What are OUR ethical responsibilities to our audience? They look up to us. We have chosen to take the seat of the expert.
- Helen shares a crazy piece of feedback she got for the Answer Me This Podcast.
- WE are, whether we want to or not, guiding the narrative of our culture via our podcast.
- The discoverability problem. Helen and Elsie try to hash it out.
- Niche podcast directories and how they (should) serve the community.
- We need to make sure that these directories are able to provide relevant results that are not based on iTunes ratings and reviews.
- We get the behind the scenes of Radiotopia AND how Helen will be podcasting full time!
- Radiotopia is cultivating new voices in audio, something no one else is doing right now.
- Helen reveals exactly how she is now part of the Radiotopia team getting paid to produce her new podcast FULL TIME! Gah!
- Why Elsie choose to fund the Kickstarter Campaign for Radiotopia - and it’s because of something that Alex Blumberg and Gimlet Media are NOT doing.
- How has the podcasting scene changed in the past few years and where it’s headed.
Do you feel a responsibility to your listeners? Is there a boundary as to how much?
Do you have an idea of solving this ‘possible’ discoverability problem OUTSIDE of iTunes algorithms?
Links mentioned by Helen and Elsie!
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org